Environmental engineering surveys
Environmental engineering surveys represent a set of activities to assess the current environmental conditions and forecast potential changes in them to prevent or minimise adverse impacts and ensure the optimal living environment.
The surveys are conducted as part of an environmental impact assessment at the land plot selection stage or during development of urban planning and/or design documents or as part of the Environmental Due Diligence (Phase II).
SHANECO has all necessary permits to conduct environmental engineering surveys.
The main tasks to be achieved are as follows:
- Collect and review the latest information about the environmental, socio-economic, medical and sanitary conditions in the area;
- Recording of the current condition of environmental components;
- Assessment of project-related risks and/or design solutions in current natural and/or technogenic conditions;
- Development of recommendations to accommodate natural factors in design solutions.
Specific activities here include:
- Collection and review of file and library materials on environmental components;
- Development of a programme of surveys;
- Field investigations of environmental components (applied mapping, sampling, radiological investigations etc.);
- Laboratory investigations (by certified in-house laboratories);
- Development of reporting documents;
- Participation in expert reviews of survey materials.
Selected projects where SHANECO was engaged for geological engineering surveys:
|Oil & gas|
|Construction of the SRTO – Torzhok gas pipeline, Tver region, Yaroslavl region and Vologda region||
|Underground natural gas storage, Podzemgazprom, Kaliningrad region||2006|
|Bitumen plant, Gazpromneft-MNPZ||2010|
|Construction of a bauxite and alumina complex (Komi Aluminium)||
|Elementary sulphur unit reconstruction at the Copper Plant, Norilsk Nickel, Krasnoyarsk region||2013|
|Reconstruction of a hydrometallurgical plant in Skopin, Ryazan region||2007|
|Stage 2 of Smolenskaya nuclear power plant. Reconstruction of the spent fuel storage and handling area||2013|
|CHP-20, Mosenergo, Moscow||2011|
|Cherepetskaya GRES, Tula region||2009|
|Cherepovetskaya GRES, Vologda region|
|UGMK Cement, North Ossetia-Alania||2011|
|Babino Cement, Novgorod region||2010|
|Tula Cement, Tula region||2010|
|Celsa cement plant, Leningrad region||2010|
|Western Domodedovo project, Moscow region||2006|
|Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye project, Moscow region||
|National Aircraft Engineering Centre, Moscow region||2013|
|Завод по производству растворимой целлюлозы в Пермском крае (Пермский край, г. Чусовой)||2015|
|Nestle Russia, Vladimir region||2010|
|Nestle Kuban, Krasnodar region||2009|
|Water intake facilities, Sochi||2009|
|Industrial and domestic waste landfills, Moscow, Moscow region, Nizhny Novgorod region||